Poetry of Scent & Color
The Alchemical Union of Plant Dye, Aromatics and Mineral Pigments
In this two day intensive we will:
- 1. Learn the foundations of alchemy and how the principals apply to plant color & scent
- 2. Create a color wheel using natural pigments, which we will reference for making your very own plant based fragrance.
- 3. Distill an aromatic scarf with images, colors and scents of New Mexico's beautiful earth & sky.
- 4. Make a custom botanical perfume from plants.
- 5. Perceive a greater understanding of the unity of these Lost Arts.
DATES and TIME:
Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 31st & Sept.1st, 2019 / 10:00 am – 5pm.
We begin promptly and will have approximately an hour lunch break.
Two other related events:
LOCATION: School of Lost Arts/Roxana Illuminated Perfume, 1600 Lena Street, unit #A6, Santa Fe, NM 87505.
Please arrive unscented. Be mindful of laundry, cosmetic and bath & beauty products on this special day. We need to keep our palettes clear and free of odorants.
Read more at the journal, we have a special hotel rate at the ElRey Court, contact us for details.