Locket Necklace with Solid Perfume, Diamond Pattern, Brass
In floriography, the Victorian language of flowers, tussie mussies or nose gays were given to a beloved to convey a message. A small floral bouquets were gifted as a piece of poetry that appealed to the eyes and the sense of smell. The word posy was first written as poesy referring to poetry. These refined, vintage inspired lockets are like tussie mussies from Victorian times.
The design for the face of this locket is the Victorian diamond pattern design. Upon check out, in the "Notes to Seller: section, please let us know if you prefer a 16, 20 or 24 inch chain for the locket.
- Handmade Perfume / American made locket
- Materials: Local beeswax; Organic jojoba oil; vital plant essences including essential oils, absolutes and co2 extracts; and our own artisanal infusions
- The locket measures 42mm tall (just over an inch and a half) by 33mm wide (1 1/4 inches) and the inside recessed circle for the solid perfume pan measures 23mm. The small tray will supply about 30 applications of the fragrance. There is approximately 1.5 grams by weight of solid perfume in the little replacement tin. The tin is held in place with a tiny amount of removable putty.
- The perfume locket hangs on a pretty brass rolo chain with a lobster clasp closure. These lockets are made in the USA from vintage molds that go back to the 1940's. Each one has been plated with a brass ox to create an antique quality, no lead or nickel have been utilized. The brass is lightweight thus making the necklace comfortable to wear.
- The necklace is placed in a pouch with four informational cards all contained within a pillow box, ready for giving to someone special or for yourself.
- The solid perfume pans can be ordered individually so that a different scent can be chosen for each occasion. The solid natural perfume is poured into a separate aluminum pan so that they will not adversely react with the raw metal of the locket. This insures longevity of your perfume and also gives you the option to swap out different fragrances.